Friday, June 21, 2013

Travel, STAT(s)

So, I finally sat down and did what I've been wanting to do for months now. I picked up my 'journal' from my travels and read it through. It is totally different than this blog. Sure, I was writing about the same places on the same days but what I wrote just for me really says how I was feeling.

It also shows me all the tiny details. I marked down every time I took a bus, ferry, tour, etc.. I also wrote every stop I made on the long distance trains and figured out my total distance travelled from here at home all through my travels and back again. 142 days in 5 months.

Places; near and far

Not including beautiful Canada, I travelled or stopped in 13 countries.
Iceland, The Netherlands, Germany, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Belgium, France, England, Scotland and The USA

Planes, trains and automobiles;

I was on 8 airplanes
In 4 taxi's
8 (mostly horrible) ferries
3 long distance buses
Long distance trains x28
I took 2 boat tours and 4 bus tours
And lastly, I was on city buses, tubes and metro trains 85 times!

Learn something everywhere, any where and as much as you can

On top of the 6 tours already mentioned, I also did 10 walking tours.
2 - Amsterdam
1 -- Rome
1 --- Salzburg
1 ---- Copenhagen
2 ----- Paris
1 ------ London
2 ------- Edinburgh

Money isn't everything, but it sure comes in handy

I wasn't sure if I would share this part, but really, why not?
Flights:
         Edmonton-Toronto $266.83 CAN
         Toronto-Reykjavik-Amsterdam + Amsterdam-Reykjavik-NYC-Toronto $1008.10 CAN
         Frankfurt-Athens 122.01 EUROS (Approx. $163.00)
         Toronto-Edmonton $150 ((ish) couldn't find the actual price..)

Travel insurance $208.10
Hostel membership $35.00
Eurail pass $720.00

+Eating, sleeping, other travel costs, shopping, tours, etc...
******
$8725.32
Take away the cost of flights, insurance, rail pass and the membership, that is $6174.29 now divide that by the time I was travelling around (not living and working in Greece) and we get $140.32 per day. I budgeted to allow for $155.00 CAN per day if necessary. SUCCESS!
Keeping in mind that doesn't mean I spent $140 per day. Not all travelling was covered by the train pass, some days we did more expensive tours or restaurants and others we spent next to nothing.


In a grand finale of my stats we have total distance travelled. Unfortunately it's only approximate and based off what I could find online for distance from A to B. Good enough though.
******
31972.66 km!!
or
19867.10 Miles!


I can't wait until I can travel somewhere new again. The world is such an exciting adventure waiting to happen.
xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l