Monday, May 1, 2017

The 5 Best Places to Eat in Maui

As someone who enjoys eating but is also very picky, I find it particularly exciting to find so many places that I really love. These were my 5 favorite places to eat in Maui!


For a cool down – Wow Wow Hawaiian Lemonade (Strawberry + Pineapple lemonade)
Handcrafted lemonade made with locally sourced ingredients, but more importantly, delicious, refreshing and cooling on a scorching hot day. Good enough that we actually went in 3 times over our time in Kihei. Not that I got to try a whole lot, but the strawberry pineapple lemonade is best!



A quick take-out meal – Fork and Salad
Like with most other places I stumbled on this one quite by accident. We couldn’t decide where to go for lunch and while walking around an area we had previously visited I happened to notice it way back in the corner of the square. Fork and Spoon is a one-off restaurant in a similar style to Subway, but all vegetarian which works out great for me!! I had an amazing sandwich with falafel, olives, tzatziki, Sriracha hummus and salad. It was huge and messy but so satisfying!

Casual sit-down lunch or supper – Nalu’s South Shore Grill
Similarly to Wow Wow, we visited more than once. Nalu is a light and breezy open-air restaurant with a simple and tasty menu. It isn’t cheap but not overly expensive either. Ryan had a Cubano sandwich both times which I guess means it’s delicious. On the side he got crispy chips with truffle salt and I got to eat them!! I had a crab cake and mango salad on the first visit and pasta the second. I have to say, this may have been the best seafood Alfredo I’ve ever eaten. The shrimp and clams were incredibly fresh and SOOO good!



Fancier sit-down supper – Honu
Ryan says this might be his favorite pizza ever, even better than Famoso!! I would have to disagree though; Famoso is still my #1. It was however very delicious pizza and not greasy at all which is always great! We had Marguerita pizza.

Dessert – Maui Pie
Ryan and I agreed that this was some of, if not THE best pie ever. Perfect for dessert or an afternoon snack on a rainy day. We shared a warm piece of “Mountain Berry” pie with vanilla ice cream and it was to die for. Strawberry, raspberry and blackberry with a cinnamon, brown sugar and out crumble on top.


Honorable Mention - Shave Ice
I can't remember the name of the place that I got my shave ice from, but I think most places do it the same. The point is, shave ice is delicious. I honestly thought it was just a snow cone but it has ice cream hiding inside the shave ice and flavors on top. A+




4 out of 5 of these places are located in Kihei and that’s because we spent more time there than anywhere else, also because Kihei is a gorgeous little town and we loved it there. As well, all 4 are located within 1 block of each other. Honu is located in Lahaina on the waterfront. If you ever make it to Maui, I highly recommend looking these places up!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l