Monday, June 5, 2017

Views along the way; Maui

While visiting Maui it's an undeniable fact that you will experience some truly beautiful views. Having driven around nearly the whole island we saw plenty; some while hiking or walking, others while driving. Here are some of my favourites, and the ones I actually managed to capture.

One of the very first views and one I’ve shared with you already was the sunflower field. Living where I do I don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything like that.


The beach at Camp Olowalu has a little something for everyone; mountains, trees, ocean, waves, sand and seaglass. I’m not sure what more you could hope for in a single view.


As gorgeous as Maui is and for as many incredible and varied sights that it offers, my very favorite view was the one I experience in the ocean with my goggles on. After dreaming about it for years this was my first true visual of life under the ocean and it was even more amazing than I could have imagined.


Driving the Highway to Hana was like nothing else I’ve ever done. Surrounded by jungle, the Pacific Ocean on one side and a waterfall on the other. It was a real treat for the senses. Some of the best views however were at the end of the highway.


The Black Sand Beach offered a stark visual contrast at all times; bright blue water, vibrant green trees and bold black sand. We didn’t spend a ton of time here but I was pretty taken with what I saw during our short visit.


While exploring the area near our campground at Haleakala National Park we stumbled on more of the contrasting colors but with more focus on the crashing waves, tiny tide pools and crabs.


Next to the campground is a hike that leads to a 400ft waterfall, and how could I not include that on this list?!


Most people choose not to drive on the “Upcountry” roads, mainly because it apparently isn’t covered if you take a rental vehicle there, but that is a mistake in my opinion. This area is nothing like the rest of the island. The whole area is barren and windswept and allows for a lovely and very different drive.


As the driver I couldn’t capture everything, and really I would have to keep my camera clicking non-stop to capture it all. Just trust me when I say that if beautiful, natural scenery is something you enjoy then Maui is the place for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l